Let’s Make ET the Talk of the Town
Join us to “Make ET the Talk of the Town” during National Essential Tremor Awareness Month (NETA) in March.
That’s the theme of our 2022 NETA Month campaign. Our goal is to achieve greater understanding and acceptance of ET worldwide. But we can’t do it without your help!
Here are ways you can get involved:
- Download our free Essential Tremor Facts sheet and share these facts with others to get conversations started about essential tremor.
- Order free awareness posters and hang them in areas that get a lot of foot traffic, such as grocery stores, pharmacies, your doctor’s office, community or senior centers, local libraries, etc.
- Make an awareness donation. We will send you a special NETA Month six-pack lunch cooler for a $30 donation. For a $50 donation, you will receive an IETF soft bound journal notebook AND the six-pack lunch cooler (while supplies last).
- Visit our YouTube Channel and share some of our videos, including the popular “Essential Tremor is More Than a Tremor” which has more than 514,000 views.
- Share IETF social media posts (from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) on your social media channels.
- Show your support for the IETF and ET awareness by using our digital downloads to change your Facebook and Twitter background photos, or your Zoom background.
New Wrist Device Helps Calm Essential Tremor
Allevion Therapeutics has developed a neuromodulation device you wear on your wrist to suppress tremors.
Called Allevx, it stimulates the nerves in the wrist to alter signals to the thalamus. This, in turn, helps control tremor.
In our latest Talking Essential Tremor podcast, IETF Executive Director talks with Allevion’s CEO and Chairman Shawn Moaddeb and Board Certified Neurologist Dr. Neal Hermanowicz. They discuss how the device works and results of clinical trials.
Click here to listen to “Talking About Allevion’s Wrist Worn Device for Treating ET.”
Take Our Survey to Help Us Plan Future Education Events
The IETF will be hosting a variety of essential tremor (ET) education events in the future and would like your input on event logistics.
We have created a short online survey to gather this information and help us plan. Please take a couple of minutes to complete the survey.
ET education events connect our ET community to important information and resources around ET. They also provide our ET community with the opportunity to connect with others who have ET to share ideas and provide support.