Dr. Elan Louis at Yale University is leading an important research initiative. A regional study is being funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and is looking for participants.
Risk Factors Underlying Essential Tremor (RULET): This study seeks to understand the environmental factors that lead to Essential Tremor (ET) and Parkinson’s Disease (PD).
- Eligible participants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Have ET or both ET & PD
- Live in the tri-state area (Connecticut, New York, or New Jersey)
- Be at least 40 years old
- Not have dystonia
- Be willing to undergo a two-hour health evaluation in your home. This will include questionnaires, a formal assessment of your health and diet, a videotaped neurological exam, and a blood draw
- All participants will receive $40 compensation.
- If interested, email RULET@yale.edu or call (203) 785-7939 for more information.
Researchers will travel to meet with qualified participants meaning there are no costs associated with participation. We need the help of the ET community to continue this important research.